L’Arche International is looking for a Vice International Delegate Europe Middle East
- Full-time role
- Location: flexible in Europe
- Start date: September 2023
Alongside the communities grouped together in one of the four major national federations, the International Federation directly supports the L’Arche communities or national L’Arche structures. The International Delegates provide
supervision and advice. In Europe and the Middle East, the International Delegate, together with the Vice-Delegate, carries the authority of the Federation in the countries they accompany.
The International Delegate has final authority for all countries, but entrusts supervision of certain countries and specific issues to the Vice-Delegate.
The main responsibilities as described in the job description are as follows:
- Supporting and assessing the different countries in how they are living the mission of L’Arche
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the International Envoys and National Leaders
- Monitoring the development strategy of L’Arche in these countries and geographic areas of the world
- Developing Human Resources (main nomination processes, implementation of HR policies, particularly safeguarding policies, etc.)
- Following and promoting financial solidarity
- Contributing to the development and unity of the International Federation
Givent the current context, the strategic priorities identified for the coming years will be as follows :
- Supporting countries and communities in implementing the new L’Arche International new Mandate and Charter, approved in June 2023.
- Supporting reflection on governance issues that are currently at work in several countries and in the Federation
- Continuing to develop mutual collaboration and partnerships between communities and countries.
Requirements of the role
- Is appointed by the International Leaders
- Reports to the International Delegate Europe-Middle East
- Collaborates with other International Delegates and the members of the International Support team
- Works in close partnership with the National Leaders, National Board Chairs and International Envoys he/she supervises.
- Attends to International meetings (meetings with International Delegates, Federation and Extended Federation Leadership meetings, Ad Hoc working groups…)
- Has to plan a significant number of international travels in the countries he/she is accompanying and for international meetings (mainly in Europe)
- A person grounded in the vision, values and mission of L’Arche. Ability to transmit and communicate the mission
- International experience and openness to the diversity of the Federation
- Proven leadership experience: supervision, evaluation, process management
- Cultural competence: ability to understand, communicate and interact effectively with people across cultures.
- Ability to integrate and willingness to apply the practice of
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Experience of budget management and organization
- Ability to speak and write in one of the Federation’s two official languages (English/French). Knowledge of other languages is welcome.
If you feel called to this role, please send your application (cover letter and CV/resume in English or French, including your references) to Elisabeth Richard and Laurence Rahmaoui before July 20th, 2023:
For the nomination team :
Laurence Rahmaoui, Elisabeth Richard and Natalia Bordun.