L’Arche International is searching for a Communications Director
- On a full-time basis
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Location: flexible
a life shared by people with or without experience of living with an intellectual disability.
The International Federation of L’Arche is 157 communities in 38 countries across 5 continents who together are committed to contributing to a more human society. L’Arche International is a French registered non-profit organisation based in Paris with about 40 employees based in different countries. Our responsibility is to ensure unity around our common mission.
The Communications Director develops and implements the external and internal communications strategy of L’Arche International and ensures its consistency across the Federation. He/she is responsible for helping the Federation to promote the L’Arche experience and its message in society, and to raise awareness of the gifts and situation of people with intellectual disabilities around the world.
Through the delivery of content, he/she supports the national entities and L’Arche communities in their external communication, recruitment and fundraising initiatives.
The Communications Director reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with the International Leaders. He/she supervises the day-to-day activities and leadership of a geographically dispersed communications team and actively collaborates with the communication leaders and fundraising leads in the Federation.
- Develop the external communication strategy and content
- Develop and implement a print (activity reports, brochures) and digital (website, social networks) marketing and communication strategy including a branding strategy and consistent key messages across the Federation.
- Ensure production of the content (audiovisual and written material) is in line with the strategy and needs of the different entities of the Federation, particularly in terms of the visibility of L’Arche and support for recruitment and fundraising.
- Manage public relations consultants, service providers, IT suppliers, designers, videographers and photographers.
- Develop an internal communication strategy and tools
- Develop the internal communication tools of L’Arche International, including for the Federation’s major meetings, whether face-to-face or online (Festivals, Federation Assemblies, statutory meetings, etc.)
- Promote an internal communication culture that addresses all L’Arche members, with and without disabilities and adapt our materials and messages accordingly.
- Lead, prepare and manage content development and distribution across various platforms: intranet, social networks, newsletters, video animations, etc. in English and French and, when needed, in other main languages of the Federation as well as in simplified language.
- Leading the Federation’s network of communication
- Ensure coherence of the different strategies, internal and external, across the Federation and sharing of good practice between countries and communities.
- Work in close liaison with national communication and fundraising teams and International Delegates around the conceptualization and diffusion of content.
- To provide communication support, both strategic and practical, to countries with fewer resources in this area (websites, social networks, advice on written and visual communication, etc.).
- Managing crisis communication
- Facilitate ad hoc crisis cells to respond to specific situations in the Federation (natural disasters/political crises affecting our communities, including critical media relations)
- Prepare and/or develop a procedure for these events and coordinate communication flows across countries
- A deep conviction for L’Arche and its values.
- Solid experience in the field of communication and project management (5 years minimum).
- Experience and ability to design and develop a comprehensive communication, press relations and marketing strategy.
- Recognised expertise in the creation and production of print and digital media.
- Design and layout skills.
- Experience in multi-cultural teamwork and management.
- Knowledge of database management and CRM tools.
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of French and English.
- Fluency in another Federation language is an advantage.
- Ability to travel, flexibility.
Please send your motivation letter and CV/Resume in English or French including references to Elisabeth Richard, HR Director: email@example.comDownload job posting